SCROLL Down To Download
Insurance Any unforeseen circumstance in life has the potential to harm your family’s wellbeing. In such cases, there are several life, health, and general insurance policies available in India that provide both you and your loved ones with complete financial security. You can choose an insurance policy to cover your assets and property at the same time. However, it is crucial to comprehend the many insurance policy types and then pick the ones that best suit your demands before making a purchase.
- 0.1 Types of Insurance You Should Know
- 0.2 Different Insurance Policy Types Offered in India
- 0.3 General Insurance
- 0.4 Health Insurance
- 0.5 Motor Insurance
- 0.6 Home Insurance
- 0.7 Fire Insurance
- 0.8 Travel Insurance
- 1 File is Here
Types of Insurance You Should Know
A person and an insurance firm enter into a legal contract known as insurance, whereby the insurer guarantees to provide financial protection (known as the sum assured) against certain risks (premium). India’s insurance offerings can be roughly split into two groups:
- General Insurance
- Life Insurance
Different Insurance Policy Types Offered in India
1. General Insurance
Following are some of the types of general insurance available in India:
- Health Insurance
- Motor Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Fire Insurance
- Travel Insurance
2. Life Insurance
There are various types of life insurance. Following are the most common types of life insurance plans available in India:
- Term Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Endowment Plans
- Unit-Linked Insurance Plans
- Child Plans
- Pension Plans
Let’s examine the various insurance policy types in detail:
One of the insurance types that provides protection in the form of a sum insured against losses suffered other than the policyholder’s death is general insurance policies. In general, general insurance refers to a variety of insurance policies that provide financial security against losses brought on by liabilities related to bikes, cars, homes, health, and other assets. These many general insurance policy types include the following:
The costs associated with receiving medical care are covered by certain types of insurance policies called health insurances. Health insurance programmes either pay for medical expenses incurred in treating illnesses or injuries, or they refund such expenses. Various insurance policies cover various medical care costs.
It typically provides defence against:
- The management of serious illnesses
- Medical expenses following a hospital stay
- Childcare practises
A few different kinds of health insurance policies also pay for resident treatment and pre-hospitalization costs. rising healthcare expenditures in India is making obtaining health insurance mandatory. In India, there are numerous varieties of health insurance programmes, including:
1) Individual health insurance: Provides protection to just one person
2) Family floater insurance: Enables you to cover every member of your family under a single policy, often for the husband, wife, and two kids.
3) Critical Illness Cover: This sort of specialised health insurance provides protection against a variety of life-threatening conditions, including cancer, kidney failure, heart attack, stroke, and other conditions comparable to these. At the time of a critical illness diagnosis, policyholders receive a lump sum settlement.
4) Senior Citizen Health Insurance: This category of insurance covers anyone over the age of 60.
5) Group Health Insurance: A benefit provided to employees by their employers.
6) Maternity Health Insurance: This sort of insurance protects both the mother and the child by covering medical costs associated with the prenatal, postnatal, and delivery stages.
Insurance policies for motor vehicles provide financial support in the event that your automobile or motorcycle is involved in an accident. Motor insurance coverage come in a variety of forms in India, including:
1) Auto Insurance: This plan covers privately owned four-wheelers. Third-party insurance and comprehensive cover policies are two examples of vehicle insurance types.
2) Bike Insurance: These are the kinds of insurance policies that provide coverage for accidents for privately owned two-wheelers.
3) Commercial vehicle insurance: This sort of insurance covers any vehicle used for business purposes.
A home insurance coverage provides full protection for both the structure and contents of your home against any physical damage or destruction, as the name implies. In other words, this sort of insurance will offer protection against any calamity, whether natural or caused by humans, including fire, earthquake, tornado, burglaries, and robberies.
Home insurance coverage come in various forms, including:
1) Home structure/building insurance – guards against damage to the home’s structure during any disaster
2) Public liability insurance protects against injury to visitors or other parties while they are on the insured residential property.
3) Coverage against damages brought on by fire breakouts, natural calamities (such as landslides, rockslides, earthquakes, storms, and floods), as well as antisocial human-made acts (e.g., explosions, strikes, and riots)
4) Personal Accident – Provides financial protection for you and your family in the event of the insured person’s untimely death or any type of permanent dismemberment, wherever in the world.
5) Burglary and Theft Insurance – Offers reimbursement for products that have been stolen in the event of a burglary or theft.
6) Contents Insurance: Offers replacement costs for damaged or destroyed furniture, vehicles, and other property in the event of a fire, theft, flood, or riot.
7) Tenants’ insurance protects you financially against any loss of personal belongings while residing in a leased home.
8) Landlords’ insurance protects you (as a landlord) from unforeseen events like public liability and rent arrears.
Different insurance coverages, such as fire insurance policies, provide a sum insured to cover any damages brought on by the outbreak of a fire. These insurance policies typically offer a sizable amount of coverage to assist people and businesses in reopening their locations after suffering severe fire damage. These insurance products also cover losses from riots, war, and other unrest.
In India, there are several types of fire insurance.
1) A cherished rule
2) Particular Policy
3) Floating Policy
4) Context-specific Policy
5) Replacement Procedures
6) Full-coverage fire insurance
File is Here
As the name implies, travel insurance is a form of insurance policy that offers you and your loved ones financial security whether you are travelling anywhere in India or overseas. The travel insurance coverage will make sure that you have a stress-free trip whether you are travelling alone or with family and friends.
Any problems that may arise during your journey, such as lost luggage, cancelled flights, lost passports, and personal and medical emergencies, are covered by the travel insurance policy coverage. Travel insurance coverage come in various forms, including:
1) Domestic Travel Protection: Within the nation
2) For any excursions or vacations outside of India, purchase international travel insurance.
3) Personal Travel Insurance: In the event that you are travelling alone
4) Student Travel Insurance: If you are travelling abroad to pursue additional education
5) Senior Citizen Travel Insurance: For people 60 to 70 years of age.
6) Family Travel Insurance: For all trips with the family
Plans for life insurance provide protection against unforeseen circumstances like the policyholder’s death or disability. In addition to offering financial security, a variety of life insurance policies enable the policyholders to increase their savings through recurring investments in various stock and debt fund alternatives.
To protect your family’s financial future from life’s risks, consider purchasing a life insurance policy. If something were to happen to you, your loved ones would be entitled to a sizable sum of money from the policy coverage. According to your financial needs, you can choose the length of the life insurance policy, the amount of coverage, and the payment choice with this insurance type. The following list includes various life insurance policy types:
- Term Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Endowment Plans
- Unit-Linked Insurance Plans
- Child Plans
- Pension Plans
Term Life Insurance Plans
The simplest and least expensive sort of insurance policy where you can choose a high level of life coverage for a certain period of time is term insurance. By paying a little premium, you can purchase term life insurance to protect your family’s financial future (term insurance plans generally do not have any maturity value, and thus, offer lower rates of premium than other life insurance products.)
Your loved ones would receive the agreed-upon Sum Assured in accordance with the selected payout choice if anything were to happen to you during the policy time (some term insurance types offer multiple payout options as well)
Whole Life Insurance Plans
In contrast to other life insurance products that offer coverage for a certain number of years, whole life insurance plans, usually referred to as “conventional” life insurance policies, offer coverage for the insured person’s whole lifetime.
A whole life insurance plan includes a savings element that helps build a cash value throughout the course of the policy, in addition to offering to pay a death benefit. The full life insurance policy has a 100-year maturity period. The entire life insurance policy will turn into a matured endowment if the insured person survives past the maturity age.
Endowment plans fundamentally give policyholders financial protection from life’s uncertainties while enabling regular savings over a specific time period. If the policyholder lives to the end of the policy term, the endowment plan matures and pays out a lump payment.
The life insurance endowment policy pays your family the full Sum Assured in the event that you (as the Life Insured) pass away (beneficiaries)
Tax Advantages of Different Insurance Types in India
Tax deductions are available for amounts paid toward premiums for several types of life insurance plans.
- The premium paid for all types of life insurance plans is tax deductible up to Rs 1.5 lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act of 1981.
- The premium paid for all types of health insurance plans is tax deductible under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1981, subject to a maximum of Rs 25,000 for oneself, one’s wife, and one’s children, and an additional Rs 25,000 for parents who are under the age of 60. The tax savings can reach Rs 50,000 for senior citizens individuals and Rs 50,000 if parents are senior citizens. Total deductions are up to one million)
The Elements That Determine Your Life Insurance Coverage
Although the cost of life insurance and its coverage depend on many factors, some of the most significant ones are:
- The policyholder’s age
- Current and previous health conditions
- Alcohol and tobacco use
- The kind of insurance coverage
- Claim background
- The area
You read about the many insurance policies you can purchase based on your needs and preferences. Max Life Insurance can be contacted, nevertheless, if you have any additional questions about the various forms of life insurance coverage. For you to select the life insurance option that best suits you, we provide several options under each category. According to the annual audited financial statements for FY 19-20, the maximum life insurance claim-settlement ratio was 99.22%. You can obtain help choosing one of the various life insurance plans offered by Max Life Insurance by contacting our 24/7 customer support services.